11 September, 2012

The Last Laugh

For more Peanuts, go here

somebody once told me that
my laughter doesn't reach my eyes
i'd laughed it off
but a queer corner
within my mind
(the one that hoardes
old heartaches
and new wisdom)
recoiled.
It doesn't like confronting the truth.

somebody told me today
that i am the happiest person he knows
how wonderful i looked when i laughed,
for i laughed not with my mouth,
but my voice and my hands
and my eyes.

that queer mind-corner chuckled.
it has learnt well
how to shroud ambiguities
and iron out contradictions.
my face is calm:
cruising on auto-pilot.
as my laughter reaches my eyes
and my sorrows fill my gut.

4 comments:

  1. At least someone there notices you closely enough to make an observation such as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naah. This was said by someone in Pragya. I just remembered it now.

      Delete
  2. Hey there, is this exact blog is your sole domain or you also own others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my only blog, though I try to publish in other magazines (check the elsewhere tab).

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...