15 August, 2011

Saturday at Sonning



"When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
beside the lake, beneath the trees,
fluttering, dancing in the breeze."

~  Daffodils by William Wordsworth

[These are not daffodils, but they were just as inspiring.]



"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one..."

~ The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost


"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep.."

~ Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost



Echinops sp. The purple globe thistle.


A job well done @ Bull Inn



Sonning Bridge (1775) sitting pretty upon the Thames.



Ah daisies and the dilemmas of infatuation! He loves me, he loves me not?




"A blackberry alley going down in hooks, and a sea
Somewhere at the end of it, heaving.
Blackberries big as the ball of my thumb, and dumb as eyes
Ebon in the hedges, fat
with blue-red juices. These they squander on my fingers.
I had not asked for such a blood sisterhood; they must love me."

~ Blackberrying by Sylvia Plath 



"What are little boys made of?
Slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails.
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and all things nice."


"Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company."

~ Lord Byron

10 comments:

  1. Sahil's camera, I suppose? Who took these photos? Is this going to be the beginning of lots of photo-posts on your blog? :)

    p.s. I liked this post a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! That's the best part. It's my camera and I took the photos! :D Should this be the beginning of photo-posts? Perhaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the photographs are well taken, you need a better layout to post them instead of a long vertical list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, impressive! Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Abhijit!

    Haru: Slightly better this way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pics came out very nice! As mentioned before, surprisingly, your cam brings out good pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot better but y that page crash mah browser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, Chandni! And I loved the poetry snippets you picked to go with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Writing is not the only talent of Miss Bumbles :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...