18 May, 2010

Question 20


  • My favourite key on the keyborad is Ctrl. What does that say about me? 
  • I often find myself reading too much into nothing. I read as a kid that nothing is a "bottomless bucket without any sides". I used to repeat that to everyone I met which, in retrospect, sounds quite annoying.
  • Remember sone pe suhaga? Yesterday I saw 'suhaga'. Turned out to be an extraordinarily ordinary looking white powder. Like baking soda. I had expected it to be something magical and perplexing (?). Like a unicorn. Or a phoenix at least.
  • I am in love with italics. So?
  • Why are bulletpoints called that? They sound so menacing. And yet I get into them. Every single time.


"If you like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."

11 comments:

  1. Question: Are 'Sone pe suhaga' and 'Suhag raat' about the same suhaga?

    p.s. You like bullet points. you should be languishing away in the corporate world :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO. They are not the same. Suhaga, it turns out is borax (so much for my wild imagination). No wonder it looked so familiar. Suhaag raat, on the other hand, is a well-covered topic in popular Hindi cinema, I needn't be the one educating you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:08 pm

    hey, wats question 21???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visited your blog after a long, long time (with the intent of being regular).

    But what have you done to it? What was wrong with the decent, sober green background?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha look who's actually here,
    its the Pied Piper!
    And what could be more decent
    than a bird on a branch bent?

    Observations:
    a) You bring out terrible rhyme in me!
    b) Change can't be as bad as it's made out to be. If you come here often enough, you'll get used to the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bullet points are called so because they look like bullets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. What I meant was - is the source for the two words same? It could be.. right? .. having to do with auspicious(?) occasions.

    Vaise, I agree.. interesting-sounding wise: Suhaga > ordinary white powder > Borax

    ..though Borax might get some brownie points for sounding similar to Borat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the poem. incomplete or otherwise. :)
    god. hope i am not switching from being a cynic to a romantic. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abhi: Borax to Borat! Ha ha. Suhaga is more about adding to the positive quality of something I guess.

    Nive, isn't my poem...lyrics of this song called Pina Colada. But lovable for sure. The lyrics are quite interesting. A man, tired of his mundane marriage, puts an ad in the paper (the lines of which I quoted). A woman responds with an equally interesting set of lines. They decide to meet each other. When the man goes to meet her, it turns out to be his wife! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:05 pm

    Are you a feminist? Strictly speaking. And, well, quite literally too.

    Word Verification: Anything you want it to be! Mazandoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe in gender equality, but you didn't ask me that. To answer you: No. Strictly speaking, I am no feminist. Let me leave the being an 'ist' of any kind to the others. If I HAVE TO attach myself to a cause, let it be dogs.

    PS: Its fascinating to see how many people read into the word verification letters. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...