23 April, 2010

Great Expectations

You are the cloud to my silver lining
The scratch in my song
I thought if I gave you the words
You'd gladly sing along...

I chanced upon a delightful little book recently by Anita Nair. Goodnight and God Bless. Perfect place to dip into as you go to sleep. I espeacially enjoyed it because she's named her son Maitreya (if I ever have a kid, this is the name I must remember to remember), her insights on mothers and daughters, the wonderful imagery she paints with her words and of course the footnotes. I am a Footnote Freak. Little superscripted numbers make me itch to look at the bottom of the page immediately.

I have recently taken a liking to some authors and I want to read everything by them. EVERYTHING. Anita Nair has, so effortlessly, joined the ever-growing list. There is nothing more stimulating than a bookshelf of unread books : )

2 comments:

  1. hmm.. mothers and daughters...definitely intrigues me... btw you should check this book out... Animal's people by Indra Sinha.. In the process of reading it... and really.. it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh read the chapter on mothers and daughters in this book. you'll be nodding your head in agreement. it's crazy, just today i found this quaint bookshop and picked up this book you mentioned! some coincidence! (didn't buy it due to acute kangaali)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...