27 December, 2009
22 December, 2009
- The Family: For letting me.
- The Atul: For giving us all one more reason to smile.
- The Sopho: Of the 2,10,71,986 reasons I can think of thanking you, I'd like to choose just one. Thank you for staying up with me that bluish-grey dawn. 21st April 2009.
- The Unwitting Healer, my Roosi, who has only given and given and given. We should forget about our DoC scale and start on a new HoH (Halo of Happiness) measurement. You're an 11 on 10.
- The Firangi Friends, Maitreyi and Ashwina. Even on different continents you've managed to hear me out. Thank you for allowing the distances make the heart grow fonder.
- The Beautiful Stranger, Rain: You have (so poetically) been my dirty little secret, my stashed away joy for a rainy day, my tears and fears all rolled into pretty prose.
- The Warrior, my Rinchen: Thank you for all our laughs and all those trips. They'd have been imperfect without you :) But most of all, for being most fun on the coldest of days.
- The Russian Romance, Ani: You have to be thanked for managing to make me smile from the most difficult place ever - my memory. Thank you for all those unexpected land-up-on-doorstep times, chocolate-sauce-off-your-misshapen-fingers, crooked smiles and spontaneity.
- To Zach Braff for being the guy I love to love. All the time. For filling a 101 lonely evenings with laughter.
- To G, the Gargoyle: For teaching me that I do, after all, have a lot to learn.
- To Feeder for singing to me a song for every mood. "Been calling out for days, as emptiness invades, another moment's lost again, just sunk beneath the waves."
- To CPC, for giving me my love for the colour orange. It took me so long to realize that it was because of you.
- To Leh, for showing me enough beauty to make me believe.
For a year so trying, I think I had more than my share of laughs :) And now a post this drab has perked me up! New Year? Here we come :) Enjoy your parties people! And try to fit it the environment into your new year resolutions. One plastic cup less and one car pool more does make (enough?) a difference.
14 December, 2009
I am taking you on this trip with me. To this quiet little place. It's a dilapidated little cottage. Without the Internet and definitely no phones. It's surrounded by oak trees and at this time of the year, the brown leaves must have fallen, our shoes can shuffle out a melody walking on them. There is an old spaniel guarding the place, he likes lolling in the sun and chasing any squirrels he can barely see. We could subsist on canned sausages and that marvellous bread I bake. And a brew of some kind.
Don't become starry-eyed now - we aren't going for long. I wouldn't want you to start getting on my nerves. Confrontations were never my favourite place, you know that too well. It's the library I am going for. That, and the sunsets of course. There is going to be no music too, I am being hard hearted you'll sulk. But this one time, shhhh. I am taking you on this trip with me. You must know, you don't have a choice.