03 June, 2009

The Song That Was Never Sung

Ours is a different kind of love baby,
Everyone says that I know.
It teases and appeases and hell yeah it pleases.
Its the painful high, the exhilarating low.

Ours is a funny kind of jive baby,
We are always dancing out of step.
Any song that plays through my soul
Has a rhythm you can't interpret.

Ours is a silly conversation darlin',
You talk to me with baited breath
We listen to our fancy silences,
Words die their silent death.

Ours is the unfinished masterpiece my dear,
The one that could get smudged anytime
We are so drunk, we're almost sound sober now
A crazy cocktail? The shameless wine?

10 comments:

  1. hmm... a song for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah a song I thought too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. what a beautiful song. Hats off to u. Btw, it was my first visit to ur blog, and the feeling was just mind blowing. Hearty congrats from a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Nice blog. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Raja! Great to see you here :) You caught me blog-handed at office today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful song, indeed, funny and sad at the same time... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey vesper, good seeing you back after so long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey chandni..beautiful poem:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now wary of words.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...