24 April, 2008

Tagged!

Last movie seen in a theatre: Juno [Enjoyed it. Because a) It was Girl 1 and Girl 2 quality time together, b)The soundtrack, the actors, the lightheartedness, the conversation Juno has with her Dad about the truth about the permanance of love, the pace of the story....]
What book are you reading? Sybil (the one about this woman with 16 personalities! Incredible) and A Suitable Boy by Seth (the epic is going on since forever. The book devouring me has taken a back seat while this lazy baboonified slowcoach is procrastinating in the foreground).
Favourite board game: Scrabble (reminds me of home), Chess (even though I stink at it)
Favourite magazine: Undoubtedly Target. It was this magazine for teenagers which isn't published anymore because of things like dimishing audiences and unprofitability (I know because I actually wrote to them demanding new issues). It was humourous and creative, educational without being preachy, entertaining and actually managed to stimulate my pubescent neurons into doing something sensible...finger puppets, no-bake-cakes, collages, you name it. Ajit Ninan (the guy is hilarious) was the cartoonist and I used to devour everything Vatsala Kaul wrote (I even used to call myself Vats for kicks..sheeesh). So if you were a Target reader, I already like you a whole lot.
Favourite smells: Puppy-dog-mouth-smell, just-kissed-by-rain-mud-smell, mogra-flowers-strung-into-gajra-smell, fresh-bread-in-oven-about-to-be-out-smell, coffee.
Favourite sound: Cicadas chirping into the night. Silence.
Worst feeling in the world: Crying alone. And the feeling of bhara hua capsicum slithering down your throat because you hate it so much that you don't chew it. (You ate it in the first place because it was made for you with great pains).
What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? I actually calculate the number of hours I have slept. My calculations consider my personal 24 hr cycle thereby accounting for my kumbhkaran siestas. If the number is above 8, I feel satisfied, if not I wake up in a not-so-pleasant mood.
Favourite fast food place: Mr. Breadbox in the fridge with his delightfully obliging companion the - cheese spread guy.
Future child's name:
Finish this statement, “If I had a lot of money I’d…” be quite uncomfortable actually. A lot of money scares the hell out of me. But I could get a house with a atrociously huge garden where I would keep as many dogs as I please. As many as I fancy. As many.
Do you drive fast? I don’t… drive. If I did, I think I wouldn't.
Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? I used to sleep with dogs. Real live ones. Then I grew big. Or maybe the bed grew small. Who is to know. Either way, the dogs jumped off.
Storms - Cool or Scary? Erotically cool. Cuddle up and quiver cool. Open your arms to the thunder cool. The fear it evokes is the best part.
Do you eat the stems on broccoli? I don't get to eat broccoli. Bloody expensive for girls living on a measely stipend.
If you could dye your hair any colour, what would be your choice? I'd buy myself a huge mutton patty and a jug of apple juice with the money. Colour my hair? Uh? eh? What?
Name all the different cities/towns you have lived in: Mumbai (born here!), Riyadh, Delhi, Mussoorie, Gwalior, Rasmai (Mathura), Radhakund, Delhi, Bhubaneswar (for the most fulfilling 2 months I have had in a long while), Delhi, Delhi, Delhi.
Favourite sports to watch: Cricket is always watched. Tennis yes. Football (thanks to Shobha). Gymnastics and ice skating.
One nice thing about the person who sent this to you: Siropdevanille eh? She's spunky and laughs at herself. What more could you ask for?
What’s under your bed? Calvin would say monsters. I? Nothing.
Would you like to be born as yourself again? Duh. I'm an Arien. I can't look beyond my nose people. Of course I like me. I will throw a tantrum and get born as me.
Morning person or night owl? Night owl. Morning person.
Over easy or sunny side up? Sunny side up. Super sunny. Slight solidification of yolk does not leave me too amused.
Favourite place to relax: Home home home. Delhi or Rasmai.
Favourite pie: Shepherd
Favourite ice cream flavour: Orange bar (it wins due to nostalgia vote, literally grew up on it), Jamaican Almond Fudge at Nirulas and recently High on Coffee (15/- from Mother Dairy carts)
Ok now I am going to tag Girl 1, Sopho, Rajeev, San Man and Marigold Boy.
ha

14 comments:

  1. Arien! Ditto! Awesome stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now will you, out of remorse and utter shame, do what you are supposed to do?

    Or, as I suppose, you are too thick skinned for even that?

    And who the hell eats "broccoli"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JD: ARIEN??? Great :D

    Marvin: What am I supposed to do? I really don't know (and I'm not even being sarcastic).

    I eat broccoli. Nana grew it in the village once. Its just a very green gobhi u know so don't turn up your dihati nose at it :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, you don't....drive either eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. juno..puppy dog smell and cicadas... me too!!
    otherwise, we ARE different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Crowley: NO :|

    Didi: I shall now proceed to read yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw. That's a nice header pic you have there. Little piggies heading to the beach? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nike should be paying me for that pic. Its one great advertisement :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. San Man10:17 pm

    i clicked that pic btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. san man: I didnt remember that :P heh heh..GHNP man brings a grin everytime. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you liked Juno :) i loved page tho.. too witty
    and welcome to last.fm tho pwease stop the autoplaying music?

    ReplyDelete
  12. just saw juno myself, liked it much

    ReplyDelete
  13. san man7:03 pm

    wat brings a wider grin is the happy bday song man while on the bus back from pinjore
    man

    ReplyDelete
  14. haru: Yeah Page was rather sharp. The autoplay is gone now. Thankyou.

    Sanman: Hell yes :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...