- Take time out to do things I want to.
- Be kinder to people who are generous enough to be kind to me.
- Blah blah yaaaaaaaaaaawn....
But before I could finish that, I yawned, which is never a good sign when you are embarking on a new thing. So next year onwards, resolutions have been scrapped.
And so another New Year is beginning. Time to start afresh. That's the beauty of a brand new January. Clean slate. Sharpened pencil. Phew. Its one of those bugging "beta this is a turning point in your life" years. Friends are getting flung apart. New friends will/may be made. Internships are begining. Jobs will be sought. I'm upbeat.
What did I learn so far?
- Help can come from the most unexpected quarters. And whether you believe it or not, help actually helps. It was a revelation to me.
- Washing away guilt is never easy but you live and you learn. And "They" are speaking the truth when they say that you can feel as good/bad as you let yourself feel. So quitting feeling oh so pooh pooed about what was handed to you at the life/love/lollipop mela.
- Spontaniety is the best state to be in. Its invigorating, its interesting and it makes you laugh. How many other things can claim to do all of the above?
- Being terrified of letting people in is ridiculous. But letting go off it? Incredulous.
- It is only in our times of dire need that we remember God. We are pathetic. But then that's why we are humans.
- Growing pains are painful but hell they are brilliant teachers.
- Cynicism and pessimism are different things.
- I am still phone-phobic. Boo hoo hoo.
Year sum up?
"I wanted to cry but the tears wouldn't come" ~Scorpions
Happy holidays people!!