26 November, 2006

sloth/laziness (pigritia'acedia)


Divine Virtue: Diligence
Punishment: Thrown in snake pits
Symbol: Goat
Demon: Belphegor
Colour: Light blue



the sloth wrings my intentions one by one
i want to
i hope to
i wish to
but the sloth ebbs in and out
people question
i answer: 'i'm too lazy'
tired
worn
torn
giddy
ever felt the rude helplessness
of rarely being understood
rarely?
i try to explain
but the sloth is my pet, my master
i bow and bow wow
do i even want you to unravel me?
laze covers me in a haze
i close my eyes
sloth sings me my lullaby

cha...

6 comments:

  1. a freind of mine made her 100feet film on the five sins...and i played sloth..:( never thought it was some emotion that could be sensitively related to as well...we are so used to of being angry at sloth and telling ppl to get active all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. purple: i am a reincarnation of the sloth at times!!!

    sid: ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:19 am

    the sloth is an unusual animal ... it's digestion process is so slow, it takes about a month (or more) to complete!
    i read that here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:34 am

    sloth makes me want to take it slow...to take things...all of them all at once one by one...unfold a flower, kill its petals and smell a sweet nectar of death...it woould make me want to see eyes light up in darkness and your breath settle on me in a haze, like a thousand feathers falling for me, settling me down on your weight...

    ani..

    ps..go on...i don't care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:40 pm

    then i guess i shud get friendly with snakes real fast....
    niv

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...